Australian Bushfire Consulting Services is very experienced in consulting on all bushfire related matters. Our Managing director Wayne Tucker has assisted in concept and master planning for small and large scale developments. This experience embraces rezoning applications and planning approvals, subdivision layout, road and services design, through to development application stage. Assistance is available from Construction Certificate preparation and throughout building and construction to final lock up and inspections at occupation stage for all types of developments.
No job is too big or small, please contact us for a competitive quote on your project.
Our services include:
- Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) Certificates (Exempt & Complying Development).
- Bushfire Hazard Assessment Reports for infill development (e.g. new residential dwellings or alterations and additions to existing dwellings, DA applications through Council inclusive of 4.14 Certificates under the E P& A Act 1979).
- Bushfire Hazard Assessment Reports for integrated development (e.g. subdivision and Special Fire Protection Purpose).
Building Information Certificate (BIC) applications
- Council consultation.
- Consultation and pre DA applications with the NSW Rural Fire Service.
- Bushfire Emergency Management & Evacuation Plans
- Fuel Management Plans or Vegetation Management Plans
- Constraints & Opportunities Reports
- Feasibility Appraisals
- Consultation and client representation with the NSW Rural Fire Service
Wayne is also available as an Expert Witness for NSW Land and Environment Court matters.
Not all development on bushfire prone land is able to comply with the legislative requirements and regulations pertinent to bushfire.
Consequently some development cannot proceed as intended, or in some instances is simply not approvable. For example subdivision, granny flats or special fire protection development may not be appropriate in high threat areas and future development approval for these uses would not be forthcoming on certain parcels of land. Similarly the determined bushfire attack level (BAL) can increase construction costs making construction of new dwellings or extension of existing dwellings not practical within the budget constraints for individual circumstances. This is why we provide Constraints & Opportunities Reports and Feasibility Appraisals.
The purpose of these assessments is to inform clients on any restrictions that may be enforced on a property. This service is a cost effective way of gaining a preview of site potential and likely associated development costs or lot yield. It provides the client with an informed position prior to committing to purchasing a property or proceeding with detailed or expensive planning & architectural services.